Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Taking care of ME.

That is an unbelievably foreign concept for most Mommas...well, most women in general I think. You hear people like Dr Phil saying all the time how you can't take care of anyone else; husband, kids, etc., if you don't take care of yourself first. Raise your hand if you actually listen to that and DO it......did you raise your hand??? I DID! It has taken me a long time but I'm finally starting to realize I'M IMPORTANT too! I have to schedule my ME time everyday or it doesn't happen and I get lost in the shuffle of the day. Joelle started Summer School Kindergarten last week and somehow I feel like my life hasn't been the same since! lol My days have become way more organized with having to be at the bus stop twice a day. It has also given me the opportunity to walk every school day so far minus 2 days. I have to put the little 2 in the stroller to walk to the bus so I figured I might as well just go for a walk after the bus picks up Joelle in the morning. It's nice to start the day with my ME time. My days go so much smoother when I do.  I've walked a few mornings with my neighbor Jenni but it's mostly been just me, the girls in the stroller and my iPod. Over the weekend I bought the Nike+ iPod Sport Kit. I'm in LOVE! This morning I walked/ran 4 MILES!!! It really helped motivate and push me to go farther/longer than I have before. The little voice tells you how far you've gone and how much you have left. It tracks distance, time, gives you your "best mile" at the end and has a ton of different workout options. I can't wait for tomorrow's workout!! But now that I've had my ME time, I need to go take care of the fussy, teething baby and fix my salad for lunch! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment